Sep 17, 2012

Small Storage for the Creative Zone

Summer visiting and travelling is done. Now it's Fall and time to get productive. Time to get back to a schedule and get crafty. I've such a long to-do list and I've pinned thousands of items on Pinterest - now to actually DO some of the pins! I think I should start a weekly Pinterest Pin Conquered post. 

First up - I've started changing my creative zone. I tried something new a few months ago and it's just not working the way I hoped. I've rearranged the furniture and now I'm ready to start sorting through all my goodies and make a sell pile and organize the keep pile. I have a few shelves to put up as well. It's important to have items close at hand, and also to have inspiration hanging up. Lots to do, wheels are spinning. 

Here are a few of the ideas I love that will be my inspiration as I get it all sorted.


This is a truly beautiful thing! I love the multitude of jars in the narrow shelving unit. Ribbons, trims, buttons, brads, small stamps, chip board... the possibilities are endless. 

Punching a hole in the top of a small jar makes a great individual yarn or ribbon dispenser like this:
Click on the image for a few more jar organization ideas from Home Made Simple.

I also like this idea of repurposing an old wine rack. I've got one that has an Italian flavour and a verdigris look to it. It would be fun to pop it up a notch by painting it fuchsia or turquoise.

One more - this stunning tin can caddy. This will be fabulous on my desk for the items I use all the time. Love this - 


Hope this inspires me to get it done in a hurry. When my work space is neat and organized I'm so much more productive. 

No comments: